House Cleaners Victoria BC - by Victoria - March 16, 2023
Hiring a house cleaner is a great way to free up your time and keep your home looking spick and span. However, there are a few things you definitely shouldn’t do when hiring cleaners for your house. Here are some tips on what not to do:
- Micro-manage the cleaners: If you’re hiring a cleaner, it’s because you want to free up your time, right? So don’t hover over them and nit-pick every little thing they do. Trust them to do the job you hired them for and let them work their magic. With our “by the job” model, the cleaners have a standard checklist that they follow, so they know exactly what to do and how to do it.
- Talk to them while they’re cleaning: We all like to be friendly and make small talk, but when someone is cleaning your house, it’s best to leave them to it. Not only can chatting be distracting, but it can also slow down the cleaning process and make the job take longer than it needs to.
- Leave your puppy to jump all over the cleaner: We all love our furry friends, but when you have a cleaner coming over, it’s best to keep them out of the way. Not only can pets be distracting, but they can also be a hazard for the cleaner, especially if they’re jumping all over them while they’re trying to work.
- Leave a big mess for them to clean up: If you know that you have a cleaner coming over, don’t leave a big mess for them to clean up. Tidying up before they arrive will make their job easier and faster, and it will also make your home look better in the long run.
- Skimp on payment: Cleaning is hard work, and cleaners deserve to be paid fairly for the time and effort they put in. Don’t try to negotiate a lower rate than what they’re asking for or try to haggle over every little thing. Pay them what they’re worth and you’ll get a better quality of service in return. Tips are always appreciated and never expected.
- Flirt or make inappropriate comments: It should go without saying, but unfortunately, some people need a reminder. Flirting with or making inappropriate comments to your cleaner is not only unprofessional but also disrespectful and can make them feel uncomfortable or unsafe in your home. Remember, they are there to do a job, not to be hit on.
- Make unwanted physical contact: Touching your cleaner without their consent is never okay. Even a seemingly innocent pat on the back or a hug can be unwelcome and inappropriate in a professional setting. Respect their personal space and keep your hands to yourself.
- Make them feel unsafe or uncomfortable: As the person hiring the cleaner, it’s your responsibility to ensure that they feel safe and comfortable in your home. This means not only refraining from inappropriate behavior but also providing a safe and welcoming work environment.
- Refuse to provide necessary cleaning supplies: If you prefer certain cleaners be used, it’s important to provide your cleaner with the necessary cleaning supplies to do their job effectively. All of our cleaners bring their own cleaning supplies, so no worries there. But if you have allergies, or prefer certain products be used, please leave those out for the cleaner with a note that says what you’d like them to be used for.
In conclusion, hiring a cleaner for your home comes with certain responsibilities. It’s important to treat them with respect and professionalism, just as you would with any other service provider. By avoiding these common mistakes and treating your cleaner with the respect they deserve, you’ll not only have a clean home but also a positive working relationship with your cleaner.
- House Cleaners Victoria BC
We will send you info about your business